2022 is Kidasha’s Silver Jubilee Year!
2022 is a very special year for Kidasha, in that it is 25 years since we were officially registered as a charity. Since 1997, Kidasha has supported thousands of the very poorest children and families in Nepal and given them the means to a brighter future.
To commemorate our Silver Jubilee year, we’re launching a ‘Challenge 25’ campaign.
During October, we want to encourage as many of our wonderful supporters as possible to undertake or organise a fundraising challenge, activity or event in aid of Kidasha, that incorporates the number 25!
As we do with all our work, we are aiming high and want to raise £25,000!
All donations will go directly towards our front line work in Nepal throughout 2023.
If you’re happy to take on a challenge, please email email@example.com and let us know what you’re planning to do. We can then help you set up your own fundraising page linked to the official #KidashaChallenge25 campaign page and share your progress on our social media channels.
We can’t wait to see the ideas you come up with! #KidashaChallenge25
Below are 25 ideas for your Challenge 25 initiative:
- Cycling 25 miles
- Swimming 25km
- 25-hour dance-a-thon
- Running 25 miles
- Kayaking 25km
- Planting 25 trees in your local community
- Hosting a quiz for 25 people (entry fee £2.50 per person)
- Running a 25-item auction
- Hosting bingo for 25 people
- Organising a 25-minute choir performance
- Hosting a dinner for family and friends (charging £25 per head)
- Hosting a reception for 25 people
- Organising a 25-over cricket match
- Organising a 25-person car boot sale
- Summiting 250 feet
Selling homemade products
- 25 knitted scarves
- £2.50 cake sale
- 25 tote bags
- 25 bottles of homemade gin
- 25 painted ceramic bowls
- Solving 25 rubix cubes in 2.5 hours
- Making 25 origami figures in 25 minutes
- Completing 25 sudokus in 2.5 hours
- Reading 25 poems in 25 minutes
- Washing 25 cars in 2.5 hours
Kidasha CEO, Janice Miller, recently visited Nepal to meet with our team and a representative from one of the generous funders of our Learning for Life programme. Following Janice’s visit, she’s provided an update in her own words about our work.
At Kidasha, we firmly believe in the power of financial stability to transform lives. Thanks to support from Brecon Rotary we can continue our micro-business grant scheme.